Our DVDs are purchased with a license that places restrictions on the permitted uses of the DVD. All of the material on the DVD including documentation and other included information and packaging is legally protected by copyright. All rights except those explicitly specified are expressly reserved.
Purchasing the DVD with the Regular License allows the most uses of the DVD, and anyone can purchase the DVD with the Regular License. The Regular License permits use of the DVD for corporate training, presentations, consulting, workshops, etc. With the Regular License, the DVD may be used in both for-profit and non-profit contexts subject to the general use restrictions noted below. The School Teacher License and the Non-Profit License place substantial restrictions on the permitted uses of the DVD, and in order to purchase the DVD with either of those licenses, you must meet our stringent licensing qualifications. To learn more about those licenses, visit the page for school teachers or the page for small charities.
Use Restrictions -- All Licenses
The following use restrictions apply to all users of our DVDs, regardless of the type of license:
- The DVD is licensed to an individual and only that individual may use the DVD.
- The DVD and its contents may not be used for any advertising, marketing, or promotional purposes.
- No part of the DVD or its contents may be modified, reproduced, duplicated, extracted, sold, published, converted to other formats, or otherwise distributed in any medium or format.
- The videos may only be shown directly from the DVD itself, and they may not be incorporated into any other product or presentation format (including but not limited to Powerpoint).
- No part of the DVD or its contents may be included in any broadcast medium now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to television, internet, or print.
- The license permits use only by the licensee, and the license is not transferable and may not be sold, rented, or leased.
- When using the DVD, the presenter should include a reference to www.viscog.com and should direct queries about the DVD or its contents to Viscog Productions.
Additional Restrictions -- School Teacher License
In addition to the use restrictions that apply to all licenses noted above, purchasing the DVD with the School Teacher License adds the following additional restrictions:
- To purchase the DVD with the School Teacher License, the licensee must meet all of our licensing qualifications.
- The DVD may only be used for classroom teaching, scholarly research, or non-paid presentations at scientific conferences or universities.
- The DVD may not be used in consulting, paid presentations, workshops, company training, or any other non-school context, even if the presentation would be educational.
- The DVD may only be used in a school context and may not be used in a company, training institute, or hospital.
Additional Restrictions -- Non-Profit License
In addition to the use restrictions that apply to all licenses noted above, purchasing the DVD with the Non-Profit License adds the following additional restrictions:
- To purchase the DVD with the Non-Profit License, the licensee must meet all of our licensing qualifications. The license is intended for use by employees in small charities.
- The DVD may only be used for the non-profit activities of the charity.
- The DVD may not be used in paid consulting, paid presentations, workshops with paying participants, non-charitable fund-raising, company training, or any other for-profit activities.
- The DVD may only be used in non-profit contexts, and only for the activities of the charity.